Bohemian Ojai Wedding
Bohemian Ojai Wedding
It’s all succulents, shibori, and Ojai vibes for this #flashbackfriday wedding feature. If you’ve been following along on Instagram, you may have seen us post about Jacyln Johnson (CEO of Create and Cultivate) and David Kaul’s Ojai Rancho Inn wedding on My Domaine. We’re so excited to share all the deets from their stunning wedding weekend. It’s a special treat when our client is a fellow #bosslady and working with Jaclyn was the dream creative and logistical collab.
- Our bride Jacyln wore a backless lace gown by BHLDN and carried a brightly colored bouquet of spring blooms and bold protea wrapped in indigo dyed raw silk ribbon.
- As guest arrived, they were greeted with champagne in colorful vintage coups from Archive Vintage Rentals. A dozen geronimo balloons of varying sizes in cream, blush, and yellow hovered over the pool in a vast installation that served as a backdrop for the ceremony aisle. The ceremony took place under a tree adorned with crystal chandeliers from Signature Party Rentals. Moon Canyon Design brought even more life to the beautiful space by adding spring blooms seemingly growing up from the ground and climbing up the trunk and out along the branches where a chiffon drape hung delicately, framing the bride and groom.
- The escort card installation was made up of a pink ombre backdrop with white geometric plant hangers dripping with succulents and vines. Guests found their names printed on boho inspired cards by Minted all nestled in the living succulent arrangements provided by Shop Succulent.
- The backyard was transformed into a romantic and modern dining space by bringing in vintage chandeliers, mix and match rugs, brass legged tables, and rose gold chairs from Archive Vintage Rentals. The tablescapes were composed of blue goblets, white enameled gold flatware, cream ceramic plates, and geometric chargers with denim napkins from Borrowed Blu which popped agains the vibrant and gestural centerpieces from Moon Canyon Design. Menus and seating cards from Minted perched in geometric wood card holders by Esselle.
- At cocktail hour, guests were served drinks from a circular bar surrounding the base of a large tree and set with color blocked vintage goblets in amethyst, ruby red, amber, and blush from Archive Vintage Rentals and enjoyed small bites from Taste of Pace Catering like Jerk Chicken, olive grilled cheese, and polenta with harissa. They played bocci ball and corn hole and lounged on shibori dyed and custom upholstered lounges and poufs from Fragment Identity.
- The bride and groom shared their first dance as the sun was setting on a small stage surrounded by pillar candles, cacti and desert plants in white and gold vessels.
- Under twinkling market lights guests enjoyed fresh seasonal delights from Taste of Pace Catering like herb roasted chicken, boneless short rib with veal reduction, seasonal vegetables bang cauda, and roasted fingerling potatoes with romesco and visited the Happier Camper for libations.
- After dinner, the wedding moved back to the pool lawn which had been converted into a late night dance party space complete with fire pit and a desert table that displayed cakes from Alana Jonesmann with a shibori inspired watercolor treatment.
You can check out the full feature on My Domaine that includes some special insight from Jacyln. Thanks also to the awesome vendor team below, who helped us make the day a smashing success.
xo- the GATHER girls
PHOTOGRAPHY + VIDEOGRAPHY: Wild Whim Photography
PLANNING + DESIGN: Gather Events
FLORAL: Moon Canyon
VENUE: Ojai Rancho Inn
BRIDAL DRESS: BHLDN
HAIR : Kristen Ess Hair and Abraham Esparza
MAKEUP: Daniele Piersons and Tori McConkey
CATERING: Taste of Pace
BAR: Chiefs Peak
SOUND ENGINEER: Vaughn Montgomery
TABLE TOP RENTALS: Borrowed Blu
RENTALS: Town and Country Rentals Circa Vintage Rentals and Fragments Identity
SUCCULENTS: Shop Succulents
CAKE: Alana Jonesmann
GETTING READY VENUE: Ojai Vista Farm
TRANSPORTATION: American Luxury Limo